Dienstag, 13. September 2011

a dress for Jane Austen festival

Finally some sewing content!! I hardly ever had the time to make something for myself recently. But a new dress was needed for this weekend's Jane Austen festival in Bath! We will have a stall at the Country Fair on Saturday at the Guildhall. Please come along and chat with us if you're in town!

The dress is a plain front closing one, made of a pretty cotton print I had lying around. I adore the pretty drawstring front and elbow length sleeves. I even made this entirely by hand, despite being short on time.
I actually did want a new ballgown as well, but since time is short I shall be wearing an old dress to the ball.
Please excuse the crappy picture, I hope there will be nicer ones taken on the weekend!


Nach langer Zeit endlich ein update. Ich bin einfach nie dazu gekommen, mal was fuer mich selbst zu naehen. Aber fuer das Jane Austen festival in Bath war ein neues Kleid erforderlich. Wir werden einen Stand auf der Country Fair am Samstag haben, solltet ihr dort sein kommt vorbei und plaudert mit uns!


Das Kleid ist ein schlichtes Baumwollkleid mit Frontverschluss aus einem Druckstoff, den ich noch im Schrank hatte. Der Tunnelzugverschluss und die halblangen Aermel sind spezielle Lieblinge von mir. Handgenaeht, trotz Zeitmangel! :)
Ich wollte auch gern ein neues Ballkleid haben, werde aber nun ein altes zum Ball tragen muessen. Naja, naechstes Mal!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen